Man O’ War Swim Conference (MOWSC)
The Man O’ War Swim Conference is a neighborhood summer swim league for children and youth up to college age swimmers. The Man O’ War Swim Conference league comprises nine teams and over 1,000 swimmers. In 2014 we celebrated 20 seasons! The Pinnacle Pirates are a participating member of the Man O’ War Swim Conference. MOWSC Website
Our mission is to promote physical fitness, good sportsmanship, and a winning attitude in a fun and positive atmosphere of healthy competition.
We will promote the importance of good sportsmanship and a winning attitude in all that we do. We will make decisions as a team and will always consider that the center of those decisions is our children in the hope that they will have fun and enjoy their participation in summer swimming. We are proud to represent the best of Pinnacle pride and tradition!
Our goal is to provide every child with a fun and safe experience this summer, while helping them to improve their swimming skills. If you want more one-on-one attention you are more than free to sign up for lessons with any coach.
Foundation of the Pinnacle Pirates
Pirates is all about having fun, learning, and developing both as a swimmer and a person .
We do this through a strong community of support from the board, the parents, the coaches and the kids themselves. Everyone has a role to play and is valued for their contribution to the team.
That being said, Pirates is just A PART of your summer . We understand and expect families to have other priorities like other sports or vacations. We want Pirates to be a team that you enjoy. All we ask for is communication.
11 and Ups
Swim 50’s of all 4 strokes and IMs in meets ○ Practice from 8:15-9:15am
9-10 year olds
Learn to swim 25’s in all 4 strokes and IM’s in meets ○ Practice from 9:15-10:00
7-8 year olds
Swim 25’s in all 4 strokes (if interested) and IM’s (if interested) ○ Practice from 10:00-10:30
6 and Unders
Swim 25’s in Free and Back… Occasionally try other strokes as swimmers develop ○ Swim from 10:30-11:00
First Mates ○ Learn to swim
Practice 10:30-11:00 MWFStarts 2nd week of the season (June 5th)
4 week long season (Ends June 30th )
○ Learn to swim to the flags and then can move up to the team once they are safe in the water
○ At least 4 coaches making the groups about 4-5 kids big WITH an additional older Pirates Swimmer to assist
○ Develops relationships across age groups AND gets them ready to be a Pirate
○ As kids move on to the team, people from the waitlist will be contacted to join if they are interested.
ANY swimmer is welcome to do clinics on Weekends. $10 per day. Sign up online at https://pinnaclepirates.com/clinics
● Great for kids learning to do flipturns for the first time, wanting to practice some skills in
small groups setting, meet the new coaches, etc.
● Strongly encouraged for First Mates who have potential to learn to swim before the season starts and start on the team itself.
Practice Starts May 30th
Tuesday after Memorial Day
7 weeks of practice, 6 meets
Meets are every Wednesday Night
2018 MEET SCHEDULE
Wednesday June 6th Home vs Copperfield
Wednesday June 13th Home vs Masterson Station
Wednesday June 20th Away vs Cumberland Hill
Wednesday June 27th Away vs Firebrook
Tuesday July 3rd Away vs Palomar
Wednesday July 11th Home vs Waterford
■ 2 Days Prelims- Finals
● July 14th and 15th
Resources for Questions
● Thanks to Kevin Grigsby we have a FANTASTIC website
○ Lists up to date meet schedules, practice times, event information, meet results, coaches information, etc
● Yahoo Group is designed to send out mass emails to everyone with detailed information about meets, events, and announcements. If you reply to the emails with any questions on the topic I will respond to you as quickly as possible.
● Remind- sign up for text updates for weather cancellations, meet reminders, etc.
● Text me (tends to be better than phone calls) 859.967.3154
○ Either on with kids and can’t answer the phone. Also, I often need to look at calendar which I can’t do while I’m talking on phone.
○ If you do prefer phone calls I’ll be happy to call back after practice times!
● Email Me